The museum is now based in a purpose built building at the new Watford Fire Station, in the Lower High Street, behind Tesco's and virtually opposite Watford Museum.
Two ex-Fire Service Officers (Roger Middleton and Ian Strudwick) look after following:
An 1850s manual hand pump from Barley near Royston.
An 1850s wooden Escape Ladder with hose box, possibly from a large mansion in the Watford area.
An 1863 manual hand pump from the Tring Park Estate.
An 1896 Shand-Mason horse-drawn steam fire pump, ex-London Fire Brigade.
A 1900s Hose Cart - on loan from Watford Museum.
A 1937 Leyland open-bodied Pump Escape, based at St Albans in the 1960s.
A 1942 Dennis No. 2 Trailer Pump, from Berkhamstead.
A Second World War Scammell wheelbarrow pump.
There is also a substantial collection of various items of fire service equipment/uniform/documents (old and new), with a large and varied photographic display of fire appliances, fire/incident scenes and local fire history.